Regardless of whether your Columbus home is old or new, if you’re dissatisfied with the HVAC system you’ve got, 2018 could be the year – should
be the year – you advance to geothermal. Prices aren’t likely ever to be better. And, if you need help with up-front costs, interest-free loans are often available to homeowners from manufacturers, vendors, and installation contractors. You’d be wise to talk now
with Patriot Air Comfort Systems, the Columbus geothermal specialists, about what financing options you may have – especially if you’re sincere about upgrading to a geothermal heating and cooling system this year. Patriot Air Comfort Systems can also counsel you as to whether or not any current state or local homeowner programs might offer financial relief of some kind. Tax credits may be applicable also. After all, geothermal heating and cooling systems are surely an upgrade in energy efficiency over ordinary HVAC systems.
There’s some good news, too, about the up-front cost of a geothermal upgrade. First, a freshly installed geothermal system will significantly cut your home’s utility bills. From the start, you could see savings of anywhere from 20 to 50 percent on cooling – and 30 to 60 percent on heating! In due course, then, your geothermal system will pay for itself. And you’ll certainly own your geothermal system for a very long time.
Figure that a regular furnace, even when well maintained, might hang in there for 15 years of reliable service. A geothermal system? It’s mechanics are designed and built to last up to 30 years. And the ground loop buried in your yard is good for 50 years at least!
So … initial cost considerations aside, a geothermal heating and cooling system is better for you in every way. Among its greatest assets are …
- having aforever – and easily – renewable source of energy, straight from the earth,
- being an efficient “two-in-one” system – heating and cooling facility bundled in one orderly package
- lower operating costs – since geothermal systems require so little electricity,
- a terrifically long lifespan – as described previously,
- significantly quieter operation than run-of-the-mill heating and cooling systems – seeing that most of your geothermal system is buried in the earth, and the components of it that aren’t aren’t put through the same stresses and strains,
- reduced repair costs – besides a modest schedule of inspections and changing or cleaning filters, you have fewer maintenance necessities with a geothermal system since its relatively few parts are just transferring heat from the ground, not producing it,
- cleaner and safer operation – unlike combustion appliances, geothermal systems carry no risk of carbon monoxide poisoning, instead providing clean, gloriously breathable air, and, of course,
- heating and cooling capabilities that are among the most environmentally friendly of any system you could find – since, in the winter, a geothermal system is simply transferring heat from the ground into your home, and in the summer, it’s removing heat to keep your home cool.
So why hold out? Make this the year you retrofit and refresh your home with a geothermal heating and cooling system. Contact Patriot Air Comfort Systems now about the proper way to go about it!